The BC Parks Foundation's mission is to enhance and pass on the legacy of BC's world-class parks. Our goal is to create the best parks system in the world. We are currently looking for a rockstar full-time Administrator who loves parks.
Working with the Foundation team, you will help achieve:
- Operational efficiency
- Revenue targets supporting the Foundation’s mission
- Expenditure per revenue limits
- A profitable retail program
- High donor/client satisfaction targets
- Positive personal performance and interpersonal ratings from colleagues, CEO/board members and key partners or donors.
To accomplish these objectives and associated targets, your activities include:
Operations & HR
- Building out and optimizing Salesforce and any other Foundation data management or donor/grantor management tools
- Troubleshooting, optimizing and continuously improving donation processing, information capturing and security systems
- Ensuring data integrity within donor/grantor management tools
- Maintaining clear and accurate documentation of backend systems and associated processes
- Designing and producing reports and performance dashboards
- Grant tracking and administration
- Assist with onboarding of new hires
- Prepare payroll for on-time processing.
- Working closely with our COO in supporting the retail program and assisting with its sourcing, and operations
- Maintaining backend of e-commerce site, powered by Shopify
- Maintaining and ensuring accuracy of inventory
- Coordinating processing of orders with distribution centre
- Managing, monitoring and reporting on inventory
- Soliciting wholesale orders
- Customer service.
Donations & Recurring Revenue
- Tracking and processing donations and recurring revenue, maintaining organized logs, coding to proper accounts for accounting, and reconciling to the bank to ensure receipt of all funds
- Issuing charitable receipts
- Assisting in assessing feasibility of and implementing mechanisms for generating donations that are large volume, low amounts
- Reporting on key metrics and analysis of donation and recurring revenue results and making recommendations on new strategies and approaches.
- Implementing donor stewardship activities
- Moving donors up the giving ladder.
- Supporting the CEO in scheduling and planning meetings and activities
- Booking and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements
- Drafting letters and contracts, proofreading reports and written documents
- Organizing and coding receipts, reconciling expenses
- Supporting the COO as needed.
- Keeping office and team organized and running efficiently
- Managing office budget
- Responding to general inquiries via email or phone and forwarding as appropriate
- Overseeing office supplies and ordering as needed
- Purchasing, maintaining and managing office equipment, computers, other IT, and phone system
- Documenting and communicating policies and processes with staff.
As the Foundation has a small staff team, all employees may carry out a range of functions beyond their core roles.
- A passion for the outdoors and BC’s Parks
- At least 5 years of experience in an administrative position with similar responsibilities
- Fast learner who thrives in the excitement of a start-up environment
- Outstanding time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Natural problem solving skills and a proactive, can-do attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident analyzing, summarizing and reporting on data
- Savvy with technology
- Professional, able to use discretion and judgement
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; advanced Excel skills
- Proficient in Salesforce or comparable CRM system.
- Experience with Asana or other project management software
- Retail experience
- Adobe Illustrator proficiency.
Reporting to: COO & CEO
Location: Downtown Vancouver head office (temporarily remote)
Final candidate will be required to complete a background check
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Deadline: Oct 1, 2020
Job Type: Full-time
If you'd like to be considered for future opportunities, but don't see your perfect role here, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we'll keep your information on file for future consideration. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
In every walk with nature, one receives far more than they seek.”