Bookkeeper – Part Time
The BC Parks Foundation's mission is to enhance and pass on the legacy of BC's world-class parks. Our goal is to create the best parks system in the world. We are currently looking for a passionate part-time Bookkeeper who loves parks. The position supports the Admin team and reports to the CFO.
· Code all company financial transactions
· Monitor and classify incoming funds
· Organize supporting documentation for all incoming and outgoing funds
· Match receipts to statements
· Prepare subledgers, coding, and reconcile revenue accounts to the bank
· Calculate earned revenues and supply supporting documentation
· Create invoices and track/monitor A/R
· Generate all month end supporting reports from various systems
· Research issues and discrepancies
· Recommend monthly journal entries
· Prepare payables runs
· Prepare payroll
· Assist with CRA calculations and filings
· Pickup and organize/distribute/scan mail
· Maintain organized digital files
· Assist with the annual audit requirements
· Ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
· Accounting diploma, bookkeeping certificate or equivalent work experience
· At least 3 years working as a full-time bookkeeper
· Positive, professional, with a proactive approach to your work
· High energy with the interest and ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
· Highly detail-oriented and very well organized
· Work at a swift pace while maintaining high level of accuracy
· Strong communication skills
· Approachable, flexible, and open to change
· Respond well to direction
· Top notch computer skills, most importantly Quickbooks online and Microsoft Office.
Additional Experience Desired, but not Required
· Non-profit bookkeeping experience
· Experience in Salesforce, Shopify, or Hubdoc.
20 hours per week.
Remotely until we secure a new office location
1 year contract
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter, and hourly rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without either document will not be considered.
If you'd like to be considered for future opportunities, but don't see your perfect role here, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and we'll keep your information on file for future consideration. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.
In 2015 I bought myself a camera and decided to get out in the wilderness away from cell/internet range. As I slowed down and watched and listened, a whole new world appeared. The wilderness and its wild animals had many lessons for me. Nature nourishes and teaches us patience. Nothing in nature is rushed. It is divine timing: everything happens when it’s time.”